Saturday, February 02, 2008

Street style - Warsaw vintage



It's nice to see something that is simple and stylish, which deviates from the current 'hipster' uniform of high-wasted jeans, tucked-in tee or tank, and white canvas sneakers.

What caught my eye about this girl was the way her blue eyes, blonde hair and dark eyebrows worked with the blue dress to create a look that was striking but simple. The design of the dress is pretty basic but the colour was amazing and she had it hemmed to just the right length to keep it from looking dowdy.

Bonus trivia: The girl bought this dress from a vintage dress shop (Sukienka) in Warsaw where she lived for a year teaching English. This is of interest to me for two reasons:
1) She isn't actually Polish, she just loves Warsaw; and
2) I am Polish and I've never met a non-Pole who's voluntarily chosen to live in Poland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just half Polish and I voluntary chose to live here too, in Warsaw. My other opportunity was to stay in France (probably also to move to Germany or Great Britain).
Poland is so cool, you Poles just can't face it ;p
No, ale mowie po polsku ;)